geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Forrest Xia <forres...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo 2.1.8
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 08:49:11 GMT
On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 10:54 PM, Forrest Xia <forrestxm@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> A release candidate for Geronimo 2.1.8 has been created and staged.
>
> The tag has been created here:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/tags/geronimo-2.1.8/
>
> The staging repo is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-367/
>
> The main artifacts up for vote are the source release archives:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-367/org/apache/geronimo/geronimo/2.1.8/geronimo-2.1.8-source-release.tar.gz
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-367/org/apache/geronimo/geronimo/2.1.8/geronimo-2.1.8-source-release.zip
>

> A tck execution against 2.1.8 tag is ongoing, and will be finished around
> 16 hours later. I will update the status here.

Java ee 5 tck  passed for both Tomcat and Jetty assembly. Now only one jaxb
tck failure, if we switch the jaxb api back to RI's, then no failure.

Please comment if we should hold on the release until we fixed the jaxb tck
failure.

My point is to go ahead to have 2.1.8 out of the door, then look for the
reason of the jaxb tck failure. any thoughts?

Based on the awareness of the jaxb tck failure and the fact of all java ee
5 CTS passed, my vote +1

--
Thanks!

Regards, Forrest