geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Forrest Xia <forres...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 3 and karaf 3
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:18:54 GMT
Trunk build failed with this error when building a new module *Geronimo
Framework, Feature :: DS and Metatype*

 [INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
'org.apache.karaf.tooling:karaf-maven-plugin:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT:features-generate-descriptor':
Unable to find the mojo 'features-generate-descriptor' (or one of its
required components) in the plugin
'org.apache.karaf.tooling:karaf-maven-plugin'
 Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository:
org.sonatype.aether.RepositorySystem.

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 2:06 PM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>wrote:

> [...]
> we can have a maintainable future and get stuff like osgi 4.3, up to date
> aries components, and the experimental region support now in karaf.
>

> After a lot of work I have everything except clustering building and after
> turning off a couple problematic modules the tomcat-javaee6 server starts
> and the web admin console appears to work at least a little bit.   I'd like
> a little vacation this year and would like to commit this work first so
> that others can help with the loose ends if they like.  I'll probably be
> around to answer questions in any case.
>

> The modules that don't start are:
>

> activemq-broker-blueprint.  The ${X + Y} stuff is not getting evaluated at
> all.  I don't know if this is an xbean-blueprint problem or an aries
> blueprint problem or a side effect of running in geronimo.
>
> As a result activemq-ra and tomcat-console-activemq can't be started.
>

> client-deployer.  I think this is a pretty simple gbean name problem but I
> haven't looked into it.
>

> Here are some of the changes:
>

> -- assemble the server using a combination of karaf assembly from features
> and kars and geronimo assembly from geronimo plugins.  We now use the same
> base karaf assembly stuff as the normal default full karaf assembly (except
> I might have left out the spring feature repository).
>

> -- basic geronimo components such as the kernel, configuration manager,
> dependency manager, deployer, and service config builder are set up as osgi
> declarative services so they start without any geronimo configuration.
>  They are generally configured through config admin as appropriate.  Most
> of these also have gbean wrappers so they can be accessed through gbean
> references.
>

> -- "geronimo" is started from a DS component, EmbeddedDaemon.
>

> -- I think I'm using the karaf remote jmx security rather than ours.  The
> capabilities are similar but not identical.
>

> Some other things that are not working yet:
>

> -- The (gogo) geronimo console commands that work through "remote" gbean
> proxies don't work AFAIK.  Probably one way to fix this would be to expose
> some more of the DS components using gbean wrappers, but I haven't looked
> into this yet.
>

> -- the app client (as well as the client-deployer) is not working yet at
> all.  We may be able to use command line args to tell the EmbeddedDaemon
> it's an app client, or possibly not.  We may be able to use a karaf
> instance to supply different ConfigAdmin settings to e.g. the local
> attribute manager to convince it it's an app client.  Similarly the
> separate console-like things presumably won't work either.
>

> -- the EditableConfigurationManager needs to be replaced by a separate
> component that edits the configuration it gets from the normal
> configuration manager.  I think this affects some part of the admin console.
>

> --I couldn't get the xml stream 1.2 and jaxb 2.2 to work with the spec
if you do get them to work (as we seem to have up to now by not

--
Thanks!

Regards, Forrest