geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Trygve Sanne Hardersen <try...@hypobytes.com>
Subject Re: Integrating the Geronimo 2.2 version upgrades
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 22:52:51 GMT
I agree the best solution is to split things up. This is more work right
now, but maybe not in the long run. Like you mention bugs will happen in
the future, and having to check against the "big upgrade" isn't
a compelling task. Changes with specific JIRAs will be easier for the
community to consider, and generate an understandable changelog.

I haven't committed to Apache before and starting with this in a single
shot isn't tempting, though I don't expect any problems.

If nobody objects I'll start with the upgraded GShell and create a JIRA for
it. This is independent and isolated as it is.

Trygve