geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rex Wang <rwo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 3 and karaf 3
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 16:18:26 GMT

> I've been spending a lot of time working to rebase geronimo on karaf 3 so
> we can have a maintainable future and get stuff like osgi 4.3, up to date
> aries components, and the experimental region support now in karaf.
>
> After a lot of work I have everything except clustering building and after
> turning off a couple problematic modules the tomcat-javaee6 server starts
> and the web admin console appears to work at least a little bit.   I'd like
> a little vacation this year and would like to commit this work first so
> that others can help with the loose ends if they like.  I'll probably be
> around to answer questions in any case.
>
> The modules that don't start are:
>
> activemq-broker-blueprint.  The ${X + Y} stuff is not getting evaluated at
> all.  I don't know if this is an xbean-blueprint problem or an aries
> blueprint problem or a side effect of running in geronimo.
> As a result activemq-ra and tomcat-console-activemq can't be started.

Hi David, neither xbean-blueprint nor aries-blueprint can correctly do such
evaluation. So for 3.0-beta-1 release, I provided an  interim fix of
Aries-727 and  release our aries-blueprint in external folder:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/external/tags/blueprint-0.3.0.1/

However, we should not use this approach for trunk. I had refactored the
codes in Aries-727 based on the discussion in Aries mailing list. The new
approach has been applied to Aries trunk.
The current approach is as following:
1, depends on following
org.apache.aries.blueprint.core-0.4.1-SNAPSHOT
org.apache.aries.blueprint.jexl.evaluator-0.1.1-SNAPSHOT (
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/trunk/blueprint/blueprint-jexl-evaluator/
)

2. use the new namespace blueprint-ext 1.2.0
xmlns:ext="http://aries.apache.org/blueprint/xmlns/blueprint-ext/v1.2.0"

3. use the ext:property-placeholder with the new attribute *evaluator="jexl"
* to do evaluation
<ext:property-placeholder placeholder-prefix="$["
         placeholder-suffix="]" ignore-missing-locations="true"
        system-properties="override" *evaluator="jexl"*>
         <ext:default-properties>
             <ext:property name="name" value="value" />
            <ext:property name="a" value="Hello " />
            <ext:property name="b" value="FooBar" />
         </ext:default-properties>
         <ext:location>file:///url</ext:location>
</ext:property-placeholder>

<bean id="bar" class="org.apache.aries.blueprint.sample.Bar">
        <property name="value" value="$[a+b]">

basically, this will make the blueprint bundle reference a
"PropertyEvaluator" service with the property "
org.apache.aries.blueprint.ext.evaluator.name=jexl" to do the evaluate.

Hope this helps, and I can help fix this issue after your commit.

Merry Christmas and happy new year!

-Rex

--
Lei Wang (Rex)