geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Integrating the Geronimo 2.2 version upgrades
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 17:40:10 GMT

Moving to a new thread…

On Dec 9, 2011, at 4:15 AM, Trygve Sanne Hardersen wrote:

> How are we going to proceed with integrating the changes I've submitted so far to the
main source? I'm not sure whether you want them applied as a whole, or if it's better to split
them into more manageable parts first? Should I take charge of this process, or is someone
else already working of this? The patches are attached to GERONIMO-6217.

Thanks for asking. Was planning to start a discussion, yesterday, but didn't get to it…

I think it would be great for you to start applying the updates.

In general -- if things could be separated out a bit, that would be great. For instance, all
of the ActiveMQ upgrades in one commit, etc… This makes it easier to review the changes,
better SVN history (if there are bugs at some future time), .... If that's relatively easy
to do, then let's go that way. If it's going to generate a fair amount of work for you, go
with the big bang approach. I'm guessing that it will be a fair amount of work. And will be
just fine with a big commit.

Input from others?

--kevan