geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Accepting proposals regarding early git adoption
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2011 12:32:26 GMT
David PLEASE DONT SPLIT ALL INTO SINGLE GIT REPOS!

This is a HUGE nightmare to maintain!

You will NOT be able to just treat this nicely!

Please go over and first read what I wrote on the OpenEJB dev list and what we wrote together
on
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Git_At_Apache_Guide

and especally on

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/SVNvsGIT

Trust me, you don't want to inependently maintain 350 git repos!

There will (to my knowledge) be NO sane way to check out the project in one go anymore!

You could certainly move all specs into one GIT repo, all of geronimo into another, etc but
having too many independent repos is _really_ a nightmare for each developer!

LieGrue,
strub