geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept code donation from HypoBytes LTD
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 04:23:16 GMT
+1

david jencks

On Nov 22, 2011, at 2:49 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> As you have seen in recent Jira updates and dev list discussions HypoBytes and Trygve
Hardersen have offered to contribute Geronimo 2.2 and GShell dependency updates and associated
code updates to the Geronimo project.

> A CCLA has been submitted for the changes. As part of the IP Clearance process, we need
to hold a vote to accept these changes.

> The two patch files to be considered are attached to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-6217
>
> Specifically, the code updates are available here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12504761/geronimo-2.2-1188546-clean.patch
(MD5: bae04ca7df1b7351fa8ea18dd72f82b6) and https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12504760/gshell-alpha-1-606434-clean.patch
(MD5: f5d8762e9531a3e615f8caac22ea650e)

> Once we have accepted the software contribution, there is an IP clearance vote needed
on the Incubator mailing list.

> I don't think we necessarily need to discuss the technical details of this contribution,
here. If you have comments, it's probably best to start a discussion thread. Ultimately, the
technical specifics of the contributions will be best discussed as we are (or preparing to)
commit the code.

> With this vote, we should review the contributions for any irregularities or legal concerns
and record that the Geronimo project accepts these code contributions.