geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <wgstodd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Geronimo v3.0-beta-1 Released!
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 15:44:22 GMT
Congratulations!

On 11/16/11 9:32 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
> Great work everyone!
>
> There's also been a press release from the ASF.
>
> --kevan
> On Nov 15, 2011, at 10:22 PM, Rex Wang wrote:
>
>> The Apache Geronimo project is very glad to announce the release of Apache Geronimo
v3.0-beta-1 server. It is the first open source solution other than RI that implements both
the Java EE 6.0 Full profile and Web profile specifications.

>> This release has passed 100% of SUN's Java Enterprise Edition 6.0 Full Profile and
Web Profile Certification Test Suites, and includes a great many new features, improvements,
bug fixes.

>> Further more, Geronimo v3.0-beta-1 has transformed its kernel based on OSGi technology,
so it natively supports OSGi programming model and new technologies in the OSGi enterprise
marketplace, including:
>> - OSGi Blueprint Bundle
>> - OSGi Web Application Bundle (WAB)
>> - Enterprise Bundle Application (EBA).
>>
>> Please see the detail information in the release notes: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/tags/geronimo-3.0-beta-1/RELEASE_NOTES-3.0-beta-1.txt
>>
>> A couple highlights are:
>> Support SUN's Java Enterprise Edition 6.0 Full Profile specification:
>> - Servlet 3.0
>> - JSP 2.2
>> - JSTL 1.2
>> - JSF 2.0
>> - EL 2.2
>> - EJB 3.1
>> - JPA 2.0
>> - JTA 1.1
>> - JTS 1.0
>> - JDBC 3.0
>> - JNDI 1.2
>> - JMS 1.1
>> - JMX 1.2
>> - JACC 1.4
>> - JASS 1.0
>> - JASPIC 1.0
>> - JAX-WS 2.2
>> - JAX-RPC 1.1
>> - JAX-RS
>> - JAXR 1.0
>> - JAXB 2.2
>> - JAXP 1.3
>> - SAAJ 1.3
>> - Java Mail 1.4
>> - DI 1.0
>> - Bean Validation 1.0
>> - Common Annotations 1.0
>> - CDI and DI 1.0
>> - Debugging support for other languages 1.0
>> - Managed Beans 1.0
>> - Interceptors 1.1.
>>
>> For details about Full Profile specifications, please visit Java EE specifications
website.

>> Support OSGi Core Specification v4.3 and part of Enterprise Specification v4.2, including:
>> - Configuration Admin Service Specification
>> - Blueprint Container Specification
>> - Web Applications Specification
>> - JNDI Services Specification
>> - JPA service Specification
>> - JMX Management Model Specification.
>>
>> For details about OSGi specifications, please visit OSGi Alliance website.
>>
>> You can download the source jar and binary assemblies from http://geronimo.apache.org/apache-geronimo-v30-beta-1-release.html
>>
>> The geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6-3.0-beta-1 assembly has passed the Java Enterprise Edition
6.0 Full Profile Certification Test Suite.
>> And the geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6-web-3.0-beta-1 assembly has  passed Java Enterprise
Edition 6.0 Web Profile Certification Test Suite.

>> Thanks very much to various ASF partner projects that we include, e.g. Apache Tomcat,
OpenJPA, OpenEJB, ActiveMQ, MyFaces, OpenWebBeans, Axis2, Aries etc.