geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Geronimo v3.0-beta-1 Released!
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 14:32:07 GMT
Great work everyone!

There's also been a press release from the ASF.

--kevan
On Nov 15, 2011, at 10:22 PM, Rex Wang wrote:

> The Apache Geronimo project is very glad to announce the release of Apache Geronimo v3.0-beta-1
server. It is the first open source solution other than RI that implements both the Java EE
6.0 Full profile and Web profile specifications.

> This release has passed 100% of SUN's Java Enterprise Edition 6.0 Full Profile and Web
Profile Certification Test Suites, and includes a great many new features, improvements, bug
fixes.

> Further more, Geronimo v3.0-beta-1 has transformed its kernel based on OSGi technology,
so it natively supports OSGi programming model and new technologies in the OSGi enterprise
marketplace, including:
> - OSGi Blueprint Bundle
> - OSGi Web Application Bundle (WAB)
> - Enterprise Bundle Application (EBA).
>
> Please see the detail information in the release notes: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/tags/geronimo-3.0-beta-1/RELEASE_NOTES-3.0-beta-1.txt
>
> A couple highlights are:
> Support SUN's Java Enterprise Edition 6.0 Full Profile specification:
> - Servlet 3.0
> - JSP 2.2
> - JSTL 1.2
> - JSF 2.0
> - EL 2.2
> - EJB 3.1
> - JPA 2.0
> - JTA 1.1
> - JTS 1.0
> - JDBC 3.0
> - JNDI 1.2
> - JMS 1.1
> - JMX 1.2
> - JACC 1.4
> - JASS 1.0
> - JASPIC 1.0
> - JAX-WS 2.2
> - JAX-RPC 1.1
> - JAX-RS
> - JAXR 1.0
> - JAXB 2.2
> - JAXP 1.3
> - SAAJ 1.3
> - Java Mail 1.4
> - DI 1.0
> - Bean Validation 1.0
> - Common Annotations 1.0
> - CDI and DI 1.0
> - Debugging support for other languages 1.0
> - Managed Beans 1.0
> - Interceptors 1.1.
>
> For details about Full Profile specifications, please visit Java EE specifications website.
>
> Support OSGi Core Specification v4.3 and part of Enterprise Specification v4.2, including:
> - Configuration Admin Service Specification
> - Blueprint Container Specification
> - Web Applications Specification
> - JNDI Services Specification
> - JPA service Specification
> - JMX Management Model Specification.
>
> For details about OSGi specifications, please visit OSGi Alliance website.
>
> You can download the source jar and binary assemblies from http://geronimo.apache.org/apache-geronimo-v30-beta-1-release.html
>
> The geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6-3.0-beta-1 assembly has passed the Java Enterprise Edition
6.0 Full Profile Certification Test Suite.
> And the geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6-web-3.0-beta-1 assembly has  passed Java Enterprise
Edition 6.0 Web Profile Certification Test Suite.

> Thanks very much to various ASF partner projects that we include, e.g. Apache Tomcat,
OpenJPA, OpenEJB, ActiveMQ, MyFaces, OpenWebBeans, Axis2, Aries etc.