I think that that JIRA is only for extracting those messages from the codes, those logic for throwing exception should be in previous changes.

2011/10/25 Yi Xiao <xiaoyijhondevelop@gmail.com>
Thanks for your suggestions, Shawn!
I find the jira Geronimo-4484 add the info. The patch's intention is "extract all the hard coded messages from the portlets to resource bundle and work on a unified way to display these messages in admin console".
I still try to find why we only support WARs' plan creator.