geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Use version suffix for deployment plan file names
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2011 07:43:31 GMT
Hi, although we are trying to make the deployment plan compatible among
different versions,there are still differences. e.g. some OSGi metadata are
imported in the latest 3.0 release. So, if the users would hope to use the
same application package for different versions, there may be an issue. I am
thinking that we could use version as suffix for the deployment plans. For
the web application, Geronimo will first try to find a
geronimo-web_3.0.0.xml in the WEB-INF directory, if not it will uses
geronimo-web.xml file. With this, it may get the life easier.
Thoughts ?

--
Ivan