geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From viola lu <viola...@gmail.com>
Subject Keystore files filter problem under var/security/keystores
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 10:16:51 GMT
Hi, Dev:

 Currently in geronimo 2.1.*, if i run keytool in jdk to generate csr or
other non-keystore files under var/security/keystores, geronimo server will
persist them in j2ee-security module when i access keystore porlet in admin
console, which scans all files under this folder and instance
FileKeystoreInstance GBean no matter what type of file.
If so, even user create an empty file of any type, it will be written to
config.xml. We have to filter files, only keystore files should be under
that folder.

I plan to filter files under var/security/keystore through file name
postfix, for example: *, *.jks, *.pcks, but is there other way to valid
content of keystore? From keystore api in jdk, it must provide a password
before load and access it, which we don't know except the user who generate
it.

Any suggestion?

--
viola