geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: About collecting the LICENSE and NOTICE files in Geronimo plugins
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 07:14:36 GMT
You are looking for the maven-remote-resources plugin.  It takes a remote resources "bundle"
that contains templates for the LICENSE, NOTICE, and DEPENDENCIES files.  This plugin does
not work all that well for non-jar files, so some projects like wars and the geronimo assemblies
may need other means to install the required legal files.

We also use the "ianal" (I am not a lawyer) plugin Jason Dillon wrote that checks that each
jar has LICENSE and NOTICE files in the META-INF directory.

Hope this helps.

david jencks

On Oct 10, 2011, at 8:37 PM, Yi Xiao wrote:

> Some complementarity here, take geronimo-aries for example.
> The src/main/resources just contains a directory named OSGI-INF and does not include
LICENSE and NOTICE.
> The pom.xml files does not use any maven plugin to copy the LICENSE, NOTICE to the target/classes/META-INF,
actually, when build complete, the files are copied into it. I guess a maven plugin do some
copy job, but I don't know which one<330.gif>

> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Yi Xiao <xiaoyijhondevelop@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> I'm very confused about how the geronimo collect the LICENSE and NOTICE files for each
plugins, I could not find the these files in some plugins,such as geronimo-aries, however,
the classes/META-INF directory contains the files.
> I just find the maven-war-plugin mentions the LICENSE and NOTICE, but I don't think it's
a right way.
> Could any one can help me figure it out? Thank you very much!
> --
> Best regards!

       John Xiao

> --