On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 10:54 AM, Jarek Gawor <jgawor@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't think turning off remote shell is a solution for this issue.
Remote shell is one of the interesting and useful features of Geronimo
3.0.

We just turn it off by default,  the user can still open it easily if they want.

Turning off the remote shell also might have some impact on GEP
as there is a JIRA open on using ssh terminal in Eclipse to connect to
the server.

Because GEP will start the server with it's own way to control the ssh server.   I believe the impact here is limited to GEP.

We should be able to write a small gbean that starts the ssh server
manually and reports the correct port number. The gbean would just
need to update the org.apache.karaf.shell configuration in config
admin with the right port information and obtain SshServer instance
from the shell bundle using Blueprint API and then create an instance
of SshServerFactory and start it.

This is a good idea.

Jarek

--