2011/9/1 Jarek Gawor <jgawor@gmail.com>
I don't think turning off remote shell is a solution for this issue.

Hi Jarek,
I don't say it is a solution. I made it off by default to avoid user's confusing when he installs more than one instance in a single machine.

Remote shell is one of the interesting and useful features of Geronimo
3.0. Turning off the remote shell also might have some impact on GEP
as there is a JIRA open on using ssh terminal in Eclipse to connect to
the server.
In this situation, eclipse is like a ssh client, right? Then I think it is user's responsibility to guarantee the function is available in server before he use this ability in GEP. Just like, if a user want to ssh to a Linux, he must firstly enable the function in the Linux too.

We should be able to write a small gbean that starts the ssh server
manually and reports the correct port number. The gbean would just
need to update the org.apache.karaf.shell configuration in config
admin with the right port information and obtain SshServer instance
from the shell bundle using Blueprint API and then create an instance
of SshServerFactory and start it.

Good idea!

-Rex

Jarek