Hi Viola,

I think it would be acceptable to require building tranql on jdk 1.6 if the result still works with jdk 1.5.  I haven't spent enough time to verify this.  If your patch results in something we can verify will still work with jdk 1.5 (including drivers that work with jdk 1.5 that don't include the new methods)  I'll apply it and release all the connectors to use it.

thanks
david jencks