geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From han hongfang <>
Subject Re: [Discussion] why does geronimo set org.apache.catalina.STRICT_SERVLET_COMPLIANCE=true?
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 14:03:28 GMT
Hi devs,

Some update for this topic.

I set org.apache.catalina.STRICT_SERVLET_COMPLIANCE=false (just as the
default value in tomcat), and then run the servlet package of TCK, only two
cases failed.
the value of org.apache.catalina.STRICT_SERVLET_COMPLIANCE has effect
on several other properties. Looking into tomcat source code, most of the
properties being effected take the value of
org.apache.catalina.STRICT_SERVLET_COMPLIANCE only if these properties are
NOT explicitly set. By setting the following properties as true,
above-mentioned failed TCK cases pass as well.

I also tried in jetty v8.0.1.v20110908 and geronimo-jetty trunk, travel
sample runs successfully. Both of them have no homepage access issue (i.e.,
404 error).

Any objection to set org.apache.catalina.STRICT_SERVLET_COMPLIANCE=false in
geronimo tomcat?

Best regards,

Han Hong Fang (Janet)
hanhongfang AT