geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: PortOffset for o.a.karaf.shell.ssh
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 15:53:11 GMT
Hi Russell,

I agree with what you say except that the osgi config admin service is not related to the
geronimo-specific var/config-substitution.properties system, and I think we need to move towards
using config admin instead of a geronimo-specific admin service.  osgi config admin deals
with, roughly speaking, sets of configuration info per osgi service.  So to do something like
the port offset we need something that interacts with config admin, recognizes any setting
for any service that is a port, and shifts it.  If it can recognize that its a port :-) it
can also report it on demand.  In a more osgi oriented future we will also need a new way
to recognize that the server is "fully started" and I guess that could trigger listing all
the used ports.

thanks
david jencks