geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: G 2.2.1/Tomcat throws Unable to decrypt on Mac OS X
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 21:43:49 GMT

On Sep 2, 2011, at 5:51 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm on Mac OS X and to my great surprise I couldn't run it right from
> the shell prompt with JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home`
> ./bin/geronimo.sh run -vv. What am I doing wrong? I've seen a couple
> of issues like this, but was unable to find a solution. What's the
> solution?

Hi Jacek,
I haven't had enough time to upgrade to 10.8. So, still on 10.7.

$ JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Home ~/Servers/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.2.1/bin/geronimo.sh
run

works for me. I've never used /usr/libexec/java_home, but

$ JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home` ~/Servers/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.2.1/bin/geronimo.sh
run

is working, also.

I'm guessing that something is wrong with the JAVA_HOME/JRE_HOME setting. geronimo.sh is calculating
the location of the SDK lib/ext directory, but it's not matching your install. For me:

$ ls `/usr/libexec/java_home`/lib/ext
apple_provider.jar      dnsns.jar               localedata.jar          sunjce_provider.jar
    sunpkcs11.jar

There can be problems where starting Geronimo with a bad JAVA_HOME setting can cause obfuscated
passwords in our config files to be improperly encrypted (so they can not be decrypted). So,
you may want to start with a fresh install.

--kevan