geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Russell E Glaue <rgl...@cait.org>
Subject Re: [Discussion] Running Multiple Geronimo Instances
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 15:35:58 GMT
Another issue found with SnapshotConfigXMLBuilder explicitly using GERONIMO_HOME
({org.apache.geronimo.home.dir}) and not the {basedir} named server instance
directory.

This time I made everything other than the named server instance directory
read-only (i.e. only GERONIMO_HOME/GERONIMO_SERVER is read-write), and received
this error message:
-
2011-09-28 11:06:24,484 ERROR [SnapshotConfigXMLBuilder] Could not make the
directory /opt/geronimo3/var/monitoring/
2011-09-28 11:06:24,485 ERROR [SnapshotConfigXMLBuilder]
/opt/geronimo3/var/monitoring/snapshot-config.xml (No such file or directory)
-

I found the corresponding source code.

Regarding the sources:
1.
trunk/plugins/monitoring/agent-ejb/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/monitoring/ejb/snapshot/SnapshotProcessor.java
-
    /**
     * Checks to see if the GERONIMO_HOME/var/monitoring/ directory was made.
     * If not, the method creates it.
     */
    public static void ensureMonitorDir() {
        final String pathToDir =
            System.getProperty("org.apache.geronimo.home.dir") + "/var/monitoring/";
        File dir = new File(pathToDir);
        if(dir.exists() && dir.isDirectory()) {
            // all good
            return;
        } else {
            // make a directory
            if(dir.mkdir()) {
                // directory was successfully created
                log.info("/var/monitoring directory created.");
                return;
            } else {
                log.error("Could not make the directory " + pathToDir);
            }
        }
    }
-

2.
trunk/plugins/monitoring/agent-jar/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/monitoring/snapshot/SnapshotConfigXMLBuilder.java
-
public class SnapshotConfigXMLBuilder {
    private static final String pathToXML =