geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Russell E Glaue <rgl...@cait.org>
Subject Re: Geronimo directory structure & permissions
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 16:03:29 GMT
It should be noted that as long as JIRA GERONIMO-5987 goes unresolved, even if
you install several copies of Geronimo into different file structure locations
(e.g. /opt/g1 and /opt/g2), the javaee6 bundle does not allow multiple Geronimo
servers to run within the same runtime OS.

GERONIMO-5987 is the open issue for the ActiveMQ port configuration. Currently
ActiveMQ listens on port 61616 and you cannot change that in any configuration.
Thus prohibiting anymore than one Geronimo javaee6 server from running on a
single runtime OS.

I just updated JIRA GERONIMO-5987 to reflect the current status of the issue,
which has made a small step forward by listing the ActiveMQ service and actual
bind port (opposed to the configured bind port) in the Geronimo startup output.

-RG