geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [tranql-dev] Re: Pls help reivew and apply patch from https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/TQL-28
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 21:07:15 GMT
Hi Viola,

I think it would be acceptable to require building tranql on jdk 1.6 if the result still works
with jdk 1.5.  I haven't spent enough time to verify this.  If your patch results in something
we can verify will still work with jdk 1.5 (including drivers that work with jdk 1.5 that
don't include the new methods)  I'll apply it and release all the connectors to use it.

thanks
david jencks

On Sep 22, 2011, at 4:09 AM, viola lu wrote:

> Hi, David:
>
>  tranql-connection-generic build failed on JDK 1.6 coz of some new api and method introduced
in JDK 1.6 such as  java.sql.NClob; java.sql.RowId;java.sql.SQLXML, should we update code
to JDK 1.6 compliant? If so, pls apply http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/TQL-30,  But this will
make build fail on JDK 1.5 coz of new API in JDK 1.6.

> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Forrest Xia <forrestxm@gmail.com> wrote:
> David, I tried db2 xa adapter with java 5, the adapter functions well. So there should
have no problem to use java 6 build these adapters and running under java 5. So please go
ahead to release them. thank you!

> Forrest
>

> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 6:14 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'd prefer to check that what I'm building works with java 5 first.  I pushed snapshots,
can you check that they work properly?

> I think the relevant paths are
>
> https://nexus.codehaus.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/tranql/tranql-connector-sqlserver2008-xa/1.0-SNAPSHOT/
> (note the version, I also deployed something called version 1.4 by mistake)
>
> https://nexus.codehaus.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/tranql/tranql-connector-db2-xa/1.7-SNAPSHOT/
>
> Were there other connectors you want me to release?
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Sep 20, 2011, at 12:25 AM, viola lu wrote:
>
>> Hi, david:
>>  Thanks. One more request:
>>  Can you help apply  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/TQL-29, and after that, can
you do a tranql release, so we can introduce these patches to G2.1.8 and 3.0 release.

>> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 12:39 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I applied this (after tweaking a couple dates etc) and the tql-22 patch.... having
trouble logging into tranql jira so I haven't closed these.