I just finished the step 2 of this job.
In this step, I redesigned the console banner and adjust a lot of elements' color tone.
Please view the screenshots in the attachments of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-6059. Hope you all like it :-)

The next step I planned is to use the "Big Icon" as "short cut" in the basic navigator. But seems I don't have enough time to do that. So I would defer this improvement to G 3.1.
Thoughts?

-Rex