Hi Yi,

I think the question of what should survive a clean start and what form the info about it should take needs more discussion.

I chatted with jbonofre and anierbeck about my understanding of what you are trying to do and they'd like it in karaf and/or cave, they opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-814.  It would be great if you could contribute to this discussion.

thanks
david jencks