geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Geronimo 3.0 Release
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 03:53:01 GMT

On Aug 22, 2011, at 2:23 AM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> Can we use local release dependencies for full 3.0 release too ?    If we can,  I prefer
to release 3.0 directly instead of beta.

If really hard-pressed, maybe -- assuming that the Geronimo community has the knowledge, expertise,
and motivation to support the software long-term. I'll note that any "release" must be properly
reviewed by the PMC...

However, our goal should be to assist and encourage other communities to release their own
software.

--kevan