geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Geronimo 3.0 Release
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 03:55:28 GMT

On Aug 22, 2011, at 9:54 PM, Rex Wang wrote:

> One thing I think that might be a problem in future is, IIRC, in OSGi world, the version
3.0.0.0<3.0.0.Beta<3.0.0.M1<3.0.0.SNAPSHOT. This might not cause any issue in server
runtime, but if we wanna leverage more OSGi functionality, eg. the OBR resolving, that might
bring some confusing. Not sure if there is any best practice to resolve such problem..

Good point. Geronimo "3.0" does not necessarily have to be composed of 3.0.0.0 artifacts.
But definitely something we want to have worked out...

--kevan