geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Gawor <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1148540 - /geronimo/server/trunk/plugins/wab/geronimo-web-extender/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/osgi/web/extender/WebContainerExtender.java
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 17:44:34 GMT
Oops, sorry. I forgot to reply (thanks Kevan for the reminder). The
idea is simple. By default the web application bundles (WABs) are
deployed asynchronously. So when somebody calls bundle.start() and the
method returns the WAB might still be deploying. And to figure when
the WAB finished deploying you would have to listen to certain events
or check for presence of certain services in the registry (for
example, you want to know when it's ok to start sending requests to
the WAB). With the synchronous deploy bundle.start() blocks until the
WAB is deployed so right away you know when you can send the requests.

Hope that answers you questions,

Jarek