geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From viola lu <viola...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about Security (Credentials) for database connections(connector)
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 08:47:25 GMT
Hi, David:

  1. If container-managed security is implemented, but how to configure it
for connector?

  2. Now one customer doesn't want to use same db id but different user
credentials as below, container-managed security can meet this requirement?

  "Configure a geronimo Instance running in a windows domain with a db2
datasource, which connects to the iseries using kerberos.
In order for this to work with any kind of success, we believe we need to
configure some kind of connection reauthentication.  If geronimo
does not invoke connection reauthentication, then any connection pool would
quickly fill up with connections per individual user.
Ultimately this would negate any benefit of connection pooling. connection
reauthentication would allow geronimo to assert the
current callers identity onto the running connection."

"Our ultimate goal here is to configure End To End single signon from a
windows browser, through geronimo, and onto the System i.  Whereby
the clients identity is preserved throughout."

 3. Based on the above requirement, *datasource connects to iseries using
kerberos*, currently tranql-ra/ra.xml, set authentication-mechanism as
basicpassword, if datasource uses kerberos, should we change authentication
mechanism to *Kerbv5 as below? *
<authentication-mechanism>
                <description>Uses JDBC user/password authentication based on
properties supplied to connect</description>

<authentication-mechanism-type>BasicPassword</authentication-mechanism-type>

<credential-interface>javax.resource.spi.security.PasswordCredential</credential-interface>
            </authentication-mechanism>

And <reauthentication-support>false</reauthentication-support> should change
to true support connection reauthentication. And in our geronimo-connector
should handle this connection reauthentication ? Also database pool in
console should support these configuration?

4.From
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/techjournal/0506_barghouthi/0506_barghouthi.html,
it provides a datastorehelper interface to end-users for db connection
reauthentication function, for example, db2
end-user can implement its doConnectionPerTransation method by using db2
api: resetDB2Connection, same way can be used in geronimo? I am not sure
connection-reauthentication is necessary or good way if different users
filled up connection pool.

--
viola

Apache Geronimo