geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Yi Xiao <xiaoyijhondeve...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] The OBR feature in Geronimo3.0
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 10:15:20 GMT
Hi Jark, I'v seen your comments in 5939 and reference here for convenience
*1) Don't forget about the license headers.
2) The geronimo-addUrl shell command and related code is unnecessary. There
is already obr:addurl operation.
3) When doing geronimo-install would be good to also specify whether the
optional resources should also be downloaded and installed.
4) Can't ThreadPool be injected into ObrBundleInstallerGBean just like the
repository is (instead of doing Kernel lookup)?
5) GeronimoGBean could also be injected instead of doing OSGi service
lookup.
6) You shouldn't need to add LOCAL_OBR into repository. That's what
GeronimoOBRGBean does already.
7) The filter created in ObrUtils.searchRepository() essentially specifies
to find a bundle with the given symbolic name and the minimal version. That
is, for example, the user specified foo,1.0 but the install might result in
installing foo,2.0. I think we want to match the exact version. Or maybe we
want to support version ranges.
8) The way the code currently decides whether the resource is "local" or not
is not very reliable. So we might need to find another way or improve Felix
OBR.*

1) I will add the license headers
2) I think the geronimo-addurl command should record the urls into a file,
and geronimo-obr will read the urls and add them so I write the command,
however, I don't decide which file to write and read, do you think we need
to record the urls?
3) Do you mean the "optional resources" is the dependencies of the target
bundle or something else?
4), 5), 6) I will resolve it
7) I've test the scenario you described and there is no such confusion.
However, I think support the version ranges is a good idea!
8) Now the "local" resources are the ones whose url start with "mvn:". The
implementation is: When install a bundle, if the bundle is local, will
verify its existence, if not existed, will throw an exception; If the bundle
is remote, just download it and install it into geronimo repository.

--
Best regards!

               John Xiao