geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rex Wang <rwo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Geronimo 3.0 Release
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 06:59:43 GMT
Hi Kevan,
Will you plan to be the release manager of the Geronimo 3.0?
If not, I am volunteer to do this job. And my target is to get a Geronimo
3.0 release out in the shortest time.

The current snapshot dependencies are:
1. <xbeanVersion>3.8-SNAPSHOT</xbeanVersion>
2. <yokoVersion>1.3-SNAPSHOT</yokoVersion>
3. <openejbVersion>4.0.0-SNAPSHOT</openejbVersion>
4. <axis2Version>1.6.1_1-SNAPSHOT</axis2Version>
5. <myfacesVersion>2.0.8-SNAPSHOT</myfacesVersion>
6. <openwebbeansVersion>1.1.1-SNAPSHOT</openwebbeansVersion>

I think the 1, 2, 3 are controlled by ourselves, which means we can releases
them in any time. But the last 3 need communications and support in their
communities. Shawn and Ivan will help send the email to the communities'
mailing list.

Besides, we also need do a patched Aries blueprint release with the patch in
ARIES-727, this can help unify the settings
of Activemq broker in config-substitutions.properties(GERONIMO-5987).

>From the discussion, we got 2 options:
1. Release *Geronimo 3.0 Beta*, which contains both tomcat and jetty
assemblies.
This is a quick option, and we can import 4, 5, 6 from a certain revision
and do release in our external folder.

2. Release *Geronimo 3.0*, which only contains tomcat assemblies.
This means we manually comment out the jetty assemblies in the pom, that is,
we build jetty*, cxf* plugins, but do not make an assembly from them.
However, as said, this might be better to get 4,5,6 release in their
communities. So it will definitely take longer time.

Any ideas?

-Rex

--
Lei Wang (Rex)