geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Geronimo 3.0 Release
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 04:00:14 GMT

On Aug 23, 2011, at 2:59 AM, Rex Wang wrote:

> Hi Kevan,
> Will you plan to be the release manager of the Geronimo 3.0?
> If not, I am volunteer to do this job. And my target is to get a Geronimo 3.0 release
out in the shortest time.

Cool. I'm quite happy to have someone else be release manager. :)

> The current snapshot dependencies are:
> 1. <xbeanVersion>3.8-SNAPSHOT</xbeanVersion>
> 2. <yokoVersion>1.3-SNAPSHOT</yokoVersion>
> 3. <openejbVersion>4.0.0-SNAPSHOT</openejbVersion>
> 4. <axis2Version>1.6.1_1-SNAPSHOT</axis2Version>
> 5. <myfacesVersion>2.0.8-SNAPSHOT</myfacesVersion>
> 6. <openwebbeansVersion>1.1.1-SNAPSHOT</openwebbeansVersion>
>
> I think the 1, 2, 3 are controlled by ourselves, which means we can releases them in
any time. But the last 3 need communications and support in their communities. Shawn and Ivan
will help send the email to the communities' mailing list.

> Besides, we also need do a patched Aries blueprint release with the patch in ARIES-727,
this can help unify the settings
> of Activemq broker in config-substitutions.properties(GERONIMO-5987).
>
> From the discussion, we got 2 options:
> 1. Release Geronimo 3.0 Beta, which contains both tomcat and jetty assemblies.
> This is a quick option, and we can import 4, 5, 6 from a certain revision and do release
in our external folder.

> 2. Release Geronimo 3.0, which only contains tomcat assemblies.
> This means we manually comment out the jetty assemblies in the pom, that is, we build
jetty*, cxf* plugins, but do not make an assembly from them.
> However, as said, this might be better to get 4,5,6 release in their communities. So
it will definitely take longer time.

> Any ideas?

I'd prefer to see 1. And any releases we can get for 4), 5), and 6) are great, but not an
absolute imperative (assuming we have appropriate oversight).

--kevan