geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What's the reason why not to add .sh extension to geornimo scripts ?
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 03:56:05 GMT

On Jul 2, 2011, at 4:13 AM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> I noticed that there are no extensions for all sh scripts of geornimo.
>   Does anyone know what's the background of this ?
>

> GERONIMO_HOME\bin\client
> GERONIMO_HOME\bin\deploy
> GERONIMO_HOME\bin\geronimo
> GERONIMO_HOME\bin\register-service
> GERONIMO_HOME\bin\shutdown
> GERONIMO_HOME\bin\startup

I believe it started with bin/geronimo -- which was based on the karaf command and that convention
was carried over. Run 'svn log framework/configs/karaf-framework/src/main/distribution/unix-shell/bin/geronimo'
for more details.

I know some people like to have <command>.bat and <command> that way invoking
a command is the same on linux/windows. Personally, I think we should have maintained our
existing conventions (e.g. geronimo.sh, etc). I'm somewhat used to typing 'geronimo', now.
So, don't have a strong opinion. Would value input from users.

--kevan