geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there possible for 1.7.0 release ?
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 00:28:09 GMT
2011/7/12 Andreas Veithen <andreas.veithen@gmail.com>

> The changes for Neethi 3.0.x (including the three changes mentioned in
> your mail) should now be included in the latest 1.6.1-SNAPSHOT build.
> The release vote for Neethi 3.0.1 has started a couple of hours ago.
> Once that release is complete, we can switch to the Neethi 3.0.1
> release version on the 1.6 branch and Axis2 1.6.1 will be ready for
> release.
>
>    Thanks, Andreas, I will try to switch to Axis2 1.6.1-SNAPSHOT soon.

> Regarding the list of JIRA issues, if I understand this correctly, the
> Geronimo project has a sort of patching mechanism so that they are not
> on the critical path for the Geronimo release, which means that we
> have the time to review them properly and first apply them to the
> trunk, without delaying any Geronimo release. Can you confirm this?

   Hmm, I would say that the patching mechanism used now is somewhat a
'temporary' solution, and it is not expected to do that. Geronimo needs to
bundle the axis2 components, that gave us a chance to modify codes.
   We do hope that those patches could be reviewed and included in Axis2
code base. And yes, they work well now,  but it is better to have your Axis2
experts' view for them. Also, from other sides, most of them are related to
JAX-WS 2.2 support. I guess that they are also important for Axis2 ;-)
   Anyway, it depends on your schedule, and your guys really helped us a lot
in the past.
   Thanks.