geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: buildup of files in var/cache
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2011 02:45:30 GMT
Suppose you mean the OSGi cache directory ? On the server runtime, the size
of this directory should be almost have the same size with the repository
folder, as all the files would be copied. For the 12 GB var/cache directory
size, there should be a leak issue somewhere,
a. In the deployment process, the deployer will deploy a temp bundle in the
cache for builder analysis, maybe it is not uninstalled correctly due to
some exceptions.
b. In the undeployment process, Geronimo did not invoke uninstall for the
undeployed application due to unknown reason ?
c. Some exported classes of the undeployed application are wired with other
bundles, so the OSGi runtime will keep it there until the framework is
restarted. Considering the current package generation mechanism, should not
happen.
Think that if we could reproduce the issue, it should be easy to fix. Also,
I am also thinking that there is no need to package the temp bundle, just
use the target directory. which mentioned in another thread in the mail
list.

--
Ivan