geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: less-osgi-friendly code drop
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 19:57:13 GMT

> On Jul 13, 2011, at 9:46 PM, David Blevins wrote:
>

>> On Jul 11, 2011, at 12:54 AM, David Jencks wrote:
>>
>>> testSpecializedBeanNotInstantiated(org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.inheritance.specialization.enterprise.EnterpriseBeanSpecializationIntegrationTest)
>>> testSpecializingBeanHasBindingsOfSpecializedAndSpecializingBean(org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.inheritance.specialization.enterprise.EnterpriseBeanSpecializationTest)
>>> testSpecializingBeanHasNameOfSpecializedBean(org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.inheritance.specialization.enterprise.EnterpriseBeanSpecializationTest)
>>> testSpecializingClassDirectlyExtendsNothing(org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.inheritance.specialization.enterprise.broken.directlyExtendsNothing.DirectlyExtendsNothingTest)
>>> testSpecializingClassDirectlyExtendsSimpleBean(org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.inheritance.specialization.enterprise.broken.directlyExtendsSimpleBean.DirectlyExtendsSimpleBeanTest)
>>> testSpecializingClassImplementsInterfaceAndExtendsNothing(org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.inheritance.specialization.enterprise.broken.implementInterfaceAndExtendsNothing.ImplementsInterfaceAndExtendsNothingTest)
>>> testSpecializingAndSpecializedBeanHasName(org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.inheritance.specialization.enterprise.broken.sameName.SameNameTest)
>>
>> Have all but 3 of these passing in the embedded container in my local copy.  The
3 that fail are "broken" ones.  Simply need to add validation for those.  My impl code is
a bit hacked -- currently only works for @Stateful and not exactly implemented in the right
spot -- but otherwise looks like a good approach.  Will clean it up and check it in tomorrow.

> Excellent!  On the geronimo side I've changed things around so that we have one openejb
appInfo tree for the entire application and use it to set up the owb context.  This _ought_
to fix the problem in g. that I was seeing that the owb context didn't include any of the
specialized classes (since it was looking at only one of the modules in the ear).  However
I'm still cleaning up loose ends so apps will deploy ok :-)

Checked in my specialization code to OWB and OpenEJB.  It fixes things in the embedded container
(sans the three 'broken' tests). Still seeing them fail in G though.

Hacking up the validation logic for the 'broken' tests now.

-David