geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: Replace StringBuffer with StringBuilder in trunk ?
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 06:39:27 GMT
I have no objection, but I think I read that the compiler does some analysis and replaces use
of StringBuffer that it can prove is only accessed by a single thread, by StringBuilder.
So I think this will only increase our code clarity, not the speed.

And you should make sure all the string buffers are really used only by one thread :-) --
the part that will take some time....

david jencks

On Jul 7, 2011, at 11:27 PM, Ivan wrote:

> Hi, I am thinking to replace all the StringBuffer with StringBuilder in the trunk codes,
since it requires JRE 1.6. I knew that it might not bring us too much performance improvement,
while half loaf is better than no bread. WDYT ?
> --
> Ivan

View raw message