geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Russell E Glaue <rgl...@cait.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] New look and feel of Geronimo 3.0 admin console?
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 19:51:49 GMT
On 07/10/2011 12:03 PM, Rex Wang wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> I think it's time to change.
> Geronimo 3.0 will be a great milestone that brings a lot of new
> features. So how about also provide our user a brand new UI design of
> the admin console?
>
> I opened a Jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-6059
> And uploaded my proposal in the jira's attachment.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> --
> Lei Wang (Rex)
> rwonly AT apache.org <http://apache.org>

I like the difference between basic and advanced.
The basic tab, with the big icons, really seems to make the options less
intimidating to a new users.
And having a comfortable visual tree in the advanced tab is good.

I assume, in advanced, the side bar would scroll, even though the visual does
not show the scroll bar.

-RG