geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: project branding requirements
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2011 11:55:33 GMT

On Jul 18, 2011, at 11:20 PM, chi runhua wrote:

> Kevan, I just did a quick review and please find my comments inline.

Thanks!

> Jeff
>
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 8:08 AM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
> If anyone's willing to lend a hand on meeting our project branding requirements -- help
would be much appreciated. It's the PMCs responsibility to insure the requirements are met.
But anyone (contributor/committer/pmc member) can help us meet the requirements. As a reminder
-- http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs provides a good overview of our requirements.

> I've made a few updates to help us to meet more of the requirements. More eyes to review
would definitely be appreciated. Updates and contributions would be quite welcome... From
the checklist:

> 1) Project Website Basics : homepage is project.apache.org (check)
>
> Reviewed and okay.
>
> 2) Project Naming And Descriptions : use proper Apache forms, describe product, etc.
(I made some updates, today. Could use review)

> Reviewed and okay.
>
> 3) Website Navigation Links : navbar links included, link to www.apache.org included
(Check. I've made a few updates today for better compliance).

> For sub-projects of Geronimo, shall we append Apache Geronimo prefix for all of them,
 If so, the name might be too long... And the link to GBuild is broken.  Is it about the information
of nightly build for both server and GEP?

GBuild was/is a distributed build infrastructure. We'll need to investigate why that link
is bad. We need to take similar efforts for our subprojects.

> 4) Trademark Attributions : attribution for all ASF marks included in footers, etc. (I've
updated a template and appears to be working. Could stand for some better formatting. We'll
also need to review the whole site).

> Still ongoing...  Shall we add the generic trademark attribution  "All other marks mentioned
may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners." to avoid any misunderstanding?

I think we need to be explicit about our sub-projects. I am pretty sure that we need to add
the mark information for other pages (some(?) of which are missing the footer. There must
be multiple templates that need to be updated. Formatting suggestions are welcome...

> 5) Logos and Graphics : include TM, use consistent product logo on your site (This will
take some work)

> Attach the graphics with TM mark for reference.  It's kinda difficult to edit a .gif
file directly. You may notice that TM on topleft_logo is kinda ugly....   Any suggestions
are appreciated.

Better than I would have done... ;-) But would be nice if we could create something with a
little nicer. Also, will need to confirm what is required.

committed -- https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/site/trunk/doap_Geronimo.rdf).

> I used RDF validator[1] for rdf validation and there are some error messages, not sure
about the meaning of that, you comments are appreciated.

> [1]. http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/
>
> Error: {E201} Multiple children of property element[Line = 38, Column = 16]
> Error: {E201} Multiple children of property element[Line = 43, Column = 16]
> Error: {E201} Multiple children of property element[Line = 48, Column = 16]
> Error: {E201} Multiple children of property element[Line = 53, Column = 16]

Cool. I didn't create the bad rdf, but i didn't see the problem, either. Should be fixed up,
now...

--kevan