According to my recent experience, permsize=256m is kind of small for 3.0, though the server could start, but it will fail during application deployment from admin console after.

Forrest

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 9:05 PM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:

On May 31, 2011, at 1:44 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> The new aries proxy code also seems to consume significantly more permgen space.  I didn't investigate in detail but a full server runs out of permgen space around half way through starting with 128 MB permgen.  My server started OK with 1024 MB permgen.

FYI, the server will start fine with a 256m permgen. I think you could get by with ~ 170m or so...

JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx256m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError" ./geronimo run

should do it...

--kevan