geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] How to bring server global/app context to applient context ?
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2011 06:51:05 GMT
I think we should use the openejb remote jndi system.  We might need to modify it.  AFAIK the
only things it makes sense to get to the app client are environment entries and remote ejbs.

thanks
david jencks

On Jun 11, 2011, at 8:28 PM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> Curretly,  we only include the ear global and app context to application client context.
  because applient is running in different VM other than server itself.   As a result,  you
can't use JNDI lookup to get the server global/app reference  in appclient.

> Sure we want to add the global and app context in whole server to appclient module.
 Currently,  following code was used to create the app client context at build time.

> org.apache.geronimo.client.builder.AppClientModuleBuilder.addGBeans(EARContext, Module,
Bundle, Collection) {

> AbstractName jndiContextName = earContext.getNaming().createChildName(appClientDeploymentContext.getModuleName(),
"StaticJndiContext", "StaticJndiContext");