geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java 5 or 6 for G3.0, and 7
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:36:02 GMT

On Jun 20, 2011, at 1:44 PM, Russell E Glaue wrote:

> That is what I assumed.
> But the build documentation suggests otherwise:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDEV/Building+Apache+Geronimo
> "You will need a JDK 5.0+ (J2SE 1.5.0+) ... Java 6 works with trunk and 2.2.
> Earlier versions may have problems. Trunk is likely to require Java 6 soon."
>
> I am going to update the page to make sure there is no confusion about the build
> requirements.

Thanks!

Yes, we're definitely past the point where trunk has started to require Java 6...

With regard to Java 7 -- as Java 7 becomes available, I expect people will start to run/test/build
with Java 7. As has happened in the past (with Java 5 and Java 6), we'll tolerate this, but
not require Java 7... Not until we're looking at Java EE 7 support, anyway...

--kevan