geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Restricting build to only one assembly
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2011 00:59:45 GMT
HI Gary,

I just tried what I typed and it worked for me.  Note that you either have to include the
complete path to the module you are interested in

assemblies/geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6

or use the module artifactId prefixed with a colon ":".  When stuff doesn't work for me its
usually because I left out the colon.

hope this helps
david jencks

On Jun 24, 2011, at 4:29 PM, Gary Shin wrote:

> Hey David,
>                 What Kevan said worked for me. But using maven options as you said, it
cannot find the project named "geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6 -am"

> Thanks,
> SG
>
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 6:16 PM, Shawn Jiang <genspring@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is also I'm looking for,  thanks !
>

> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 3:43 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
> You should be able to do this with built-in maven stuff, see
>
> http://www.sonatype.com/people/2009/10/maven-tips-and-tricks-advanced-reactor-options/
>
> I think in this case
>
> mvn clean install -pl :geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6 -am
>
> would build everything needed for the named assembly including the assembly.
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Jun 23, 2011, at 12:19 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>

> > On Jun 23, 2011, at 3:05 PM, Gary Shin wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>    I am building Geronimo 3 from source. I want to restrict the G3 maven build
to only generate assembly of one type say "geronimo-tomcat7-javaee-web". So how can i do that,
is there any configuration file available.

> > Shawn recently added 'tomcat' and 'jetty' profiles to geronimo/server/trunk/assemblies/pom.xml.
So, 'mvn clean install -Ptomcat' should only build the tomcat assemblies. This technique could
be refined for even more granularity, if there's interest... Patches welcome.