geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Progress on osgi-friendliness
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 01:02:30 GMT
BTW, this includes my idea for wrapping non-bundle jars through the admin console.  I haven't
tested this at all.... in case anyone wants to try it.  Basically if you try to deploy an
artifact that isn't a bundle, it runs the jar through the pax wrap url handler which uses
bnd with very lenient settings to turn it into a bundle.

thanks
david jencks

> I've fixed the obvious problem in the last source and am pushing a new one.  There might
be memory consumption issues.... ran out of permgen trying to start the server by itself,
but I might not have my environment set up the same as before so it might not be worse.

> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Jun 6, 2011, at 10:50 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>
>> Forrest and everyone,
>>
>> This last source drop should be good to run the tck against.
>>
>> Aries as of rev 1132725 should be fine.  Tim expects to be reverting one of the fixes
and reimplementing it in a better way, so if you build aries be sure the svn revision is 1132725
or after tim's new fix.

>> There were also changes in openejb, and owb to pick up.
>>
>> thanks!
>> david jencks
>>
>> On Jun 5, 2011, at 4:31 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>>
>>> Locally I've got to the same jcdi failures as trunk (after changes in aries,
OWB, and openejb).  I just pushed a new source zip.  DId this last tck run complete?  Do we
need to do another one before committing the osgi changes?

>>> thanks
>>> david jencks

aries trunk artifacts now in my local repo. Just trigger a new server build, and let's wait
to see :)

branches/0.3-RCx builds jars with the same version as trunk but they definitely won't work.

some are in trunk. Maybe geronimo side has something left need to update, I don't know.

me :-)  I just committed an update to OWB that makes it more compatible with aries proxying/weaving
so you may want to build owb also.

soon I might be able to fix them tonight.

compilation error at plugins/aries/geronimo-aries and geronimo-aries-builder.

[deprecation] createDeploymentMetadata(java.io.InputStream) in org.apache.aries.application.DeploymentMetadataFactory
has been deprecated

version of Aries trunk? Sure looks like SimpleBundleInfo contains the constructor that the
compiler is complaining about...