geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Forrest Xia <forres...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Progress on osgi-friendliness
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 01:52:20 GMT
On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Forrest Xia <forrestxm@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 11:22 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Forrest,
>>
>> I've pushed today's source to people.apache.org.  It compiles for me :-)
>>  I just committed an update to OWB that makes it more compatible with aries
>> proxying/weaving so you may want to build owb also.
>>
> OWB is in the build chain already :)
>

>> I'll probably be around on and off tonight so if you run into problems
>> soon I might be able to fix them tonight.
>>
> Triggering an execution just now, so far no problem. thanks!

Hi David J,

After compiling the snapshot dependencies of aries, I still get compilation
error at plugins/aries/geronimo-aries and geronimo-aries-builder.

[INFO] Compilation failure

 /home/tcker/tckdata/tckbuildsrc/djg30/plugins/aries/geronimo-aries/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/aries/GeronimoApplication.java:[52,46]
[deprecation] createDeploymentMetadata(java.io.InputStream) in
org.apache.aries.application.DeploymentMetadataFactory has been deprecated

 /home/tcker/tckdata/tckbuildsrc/djg30/plugins/aries/geronimo-aries/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/aries/GeronimoApplication.java:[63,31]
cannot find symbol
 symbol : constructor
SimpleBundleInfo(org.apache.aries.util.manifest.BundleManifest,java.lang.String)
 location: class
org.apache.aries.application.utils.management.SimpleBundleInfo

I tried to fix them, but confused around variant aries util/utils classes.

Forrest