geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Forrest Xia <forres...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Progress on osgi-friendliness
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 02:59:02 GMT
On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 12:25 PM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>wrote:

> On May 31, 2011, at 10:47 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>

> > On May 31, 2011, at 1:44 AM, David Jencks wrote:
> >
> >> Locally I now have a server that runs eba-with-isolation using aries
> trunk and fixes a lot of the tck problems that showed up with this version.
>  However due to a problem with aries proxies changing the SerialVersionUID
> if it is not hardcoded on every serializable class I've had to add
> SerialVersionUID to a few hundred classes across several projects.  IMO most
> of these classes shouldn't have hardcoded serialVersionUIDs because they are
> not really intended for long-term compatibility and people will update the
> classes and forget to update the SerialVersionUID.
> >>
> >> The new aries proxy code also seems to consume significantly more
> permgen space.  I didn't investigate in detail but a full server runs out of
> permgen space around half way through starting with 128 MB permgen.  My
> server started OK with 1024 MB permgen.
> >
> > I'd be interested to see how much more memory it's using... Do you have a
> new drop of source? In what cases will Aries be building a proxy?
>
> I pushed a binary and source zip onto my people.apache site.  IIUC the
> weaving code modifies every class for aop and this aop-ization is also used
> for proxies.  I could easily understand wrong.

Hi David J,

I tried to build the new source, but get a compilation error like this:

 /home/tcker/tckdata/tckbuildsrc/djg30/framework/modules/geronimo-kernel/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/kernel/config/SerializedGBeanState.java:[128,44]
cannot find symbol
 symbol : class ObjectInputStreamPA
 location: class org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SerializedGBeanState

I would like to trigger another execution to see the results.

Thank you!

Forrest