geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Jiang <genspr...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Activemq does not support customized message listener ?
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 08:51:46 GMT
Forwarding this to geronimo list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shawn Jiang <genspring@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 4:50 PM
Subject: Activemq does not support customized message listener ?
To: dev@activemq.apache.org

In EJB31 spec: 5.4.2 The Required Message Listener Interface.   It said that
MDB should support customized message listener.  Now I'm trying to enable
 MDB custom listener in geronimo.   But I find hard
coded javax.jms.MessageListener in ActiveMQ code, it make it impossible to
add the support for geronimo/openejb   without updating code in activemq
side.    Thoughts ?

1,
org.apache.activemq.ra.MessageEndpointProxy.MessageEndpointProxy(MessageEndpoint)
 public MessageEndpointProxy(MessageEndpoint endpoint) {
        if (!(endpoint instanceof MessageListener)) {
            throw new IllegalArgumentException("MessageEndpoint is not a
MessageListener");
        }
        messageListener = endpoint;
        proxyID = getID();
        this.endpoint = endpoint;
    }

2, org.apache.activemq.ra.ActiveMQEndpointWorker

public class ActiveMQEndpointWorker {
    static {
        try {
            ON_MESSAGE_METHOD = MessageListener.class.getMethod("onMessage",
new Class[] {
                Message.class
            });
}