geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rex Wang <>
Subject Add Java EE schema files to Geronimo Server?
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 14:05:12 GMT
Hi Geronimo and OpenEJB devs,

I am fixing the servlet tck problems. And it requires to validate the
standard Deployment Descriptors xml files before deployment.
Now we use the org.apache.openejb.jee.JaxbJavaee to do the unmarshal, for
example, a web.xml to a WebApp object. So we need add the validation
procedure there. But before that, I think the first thing we should consider
is to place the schemas (i.e. xsd files from somewhere, so that we can create the
Schema object from them easily and quickly.
So, I am asking:
1. Where is the appropriate place to hold these xsd files? Openejb project?
2. Is there any legal problem we distribute Geronimo server with these xsd
files packaged in?
3. We also need a xsd file ( form It
is in public domain, isn't it?

Any thoughts?