geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Jiang <genspr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] How to bring server global/app context to applient context ?
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2011 09:53:48 GMT
For leveraging openejb remote jndi system idea,   I thought about it,   to
add  "global/app xxx" "openejb/deployment/xxx" mapping in openejb so that
when a jndi request comes,  openejb could return the requested object with
following path

java:global/xxxxx name  ---->  "openejb/deployment/xxxx" name  ---> ejb
proxy object.

But we still need to handle the client side,   how do we wrap the
java:global and java:app jndi lookup with something like ClientEjbReference
so that it could genereate a remote openejb jndi request   in
initialContext.lookup() automatically ?   And we need to bind a environment
entries binding copy to openejb jndi ?

Another possible way is copying binding in AppClientModuleBuilder.  to

1, get the server global and app  bindings.
2, copy the bindings to appclient bindings.

Pro:   easy to understand.
Cons:  the appclient can only see the global/app binding just before it was
deployed.

--
Shawn