geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Progress on osgi-friendliness
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 23:31:03 GMT
Locally I've got to the same jcdi failures as trunk (after changes in aries, OWB, and openejb).
 I just pushed a new source zip.  DId this last tck run complete?  Do we need to do another
one before committing the osgi changes?

thanks
david jencks

On Jun 2, 2011, at 9:41 PM, Forrest Xia wrote:

> I ever encounter build problem on aries trunk, and now they are fixed, the aries trunk
artifacts now in my local repo. Just trigger a new server build, and let's wait to see :)

> Forrest
>
> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 12:07 PM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The last two source uploads should only be using aries trunk.  The aries branches/0.3-RCx
builds jars with the same version as trunk but they definitely won't work.

> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Jun 2, 2011, at 8:41 PM, Forrest Xia wrote:
>
>> Are you refresh the code from https://people.apache.org/~djencks/?
>>
>> Here is the list that I built for dependencies:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/branches/0.3-RCx/util/
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/branches/0.3-RCx/blueprint/
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/branches/0.3-RCx/application/
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/trunk/
>>
>> I there are mixed version for aries dependencies, some are in branches, some are
in trunk. Maybe geronimo side has something left need to update, I don't know.

>> Forrest
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Jun 2, 2011, at 9:52 PM, Forrest Xia wrote:
>>

>> > On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Forrest Xia <forrestxm@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >

>> > On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 11:22 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>
wrote:
>> > Hi Forrest,
>> >
>> > I've pushed today's source to people.apache.org.  It compiles for me :-)  I
just committed an update to OWB that makes it more compatible with aries proxying/weaving
so you may want to build owb also.
>> > OWB is in the build chain already :)
>> >

>> > I'll probably be around on and off tonight so if you run into problems soon
I might be able to fix them tonight.
>> > Triggering an execution just now, so far no problem. thanks!
>> > Hi David J,
>> >
>> > After compiling the snapshot dependencies of aries, I still get compilation
error at plugins/aries/geronimo-aries and geronimo-aries-builder.

>> > [INFO] Compilation failure
>> >
>> >  /home/tcker/tckdata/tckbuildsrc/djg30/plugins/aries/geronimo-aries/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/aries/GeronimoApplication.java:[52,46]
[deprecation] createDeploymentMetadata(java.io.InputStream) in org.apache.aries.application.DeploymentMetadataFactory
has been deprecated

>> >  /home/tcker/tckdata/tckbuildsrc/djg30/plugins/aries/geronimo-aries/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/aries/GeronimoApplication.java:[63,31]
cannot find symbol
>> >  symbol : constructor SimpleBundleInfo(org.apache.aries.util.manifest.BundleManifest,java.lang.String)
>> >  location: class org.apache.aries.application.utils.management.SimpleBundleInfo
>> >
>> > I tried to fix them, but confused around variant aries util/utils classes.
>>
>> Everything builds fine for me. Are you certain you're building the current version
of Aries trunk? Sure looks like SimpleBundleInfo contains the constructor that the compiler
is complaining about...