geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: G3-trunk build failed
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 14:52:04 GMT

On Jun 21, 2011, at 10:21 AM, Russell E Glaue wrote:

> On 06/21/2011 08:55 AM, Russell E Glaue wrote:

So is it a bug that needs to be filed in JIRA?

>>> IMO, yes.
>>>
>>> --kevan
>>
>> Is it a Maven-Windows issue, and not a Geronimo issue?
>> http://www.xinotes.org/notes/note/559/
>>
>> But is it not a problem on Windows 7?
>> http://struts2spring.wordpress.com/2009/05/17/installing-jdk-1-6-and-maven-in-windows-7-2/
>>
>> Gary, what version of Windows are you using?
>> And What file system are you using? FAT?
>> -RG
>
> maven.bat dosen't work when JAVA_HOME or MAVEN_HOME contains space character
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVEN-666
>
> According to this JIRA for Maven....
> -
> Actually, I think the problem might be double-quoting the value of JAVA_HOME.
>
> set JAVA_HOME="C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_20"
> doesn't work for me, but this does:
>
> set JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_20

Cool. Thanks Gary and Russell! So, we could document this on our Wiki (and document in the
Jira)? Really appreciate you digging through this...

If there's a way to detect/avoid this in our Geronimo deployer code, that'd be great. So,
we could hold the Jira open as an "improvement"... I don't view this as high priority. But
still would be a good area for a contributor to provide a patch, if they are interested.

--kevan